We're Talking About Snow Days
With the possibility of snow in the forecast (for the Baltimore region at least), Winey Parent has decided to gather some of our favorite snow day activities to share with you. Nothing is more fun (😉) than being stuck inside with restless children. Am I right?! TV and movies all day is just not an option, so here are some fun things to do with your children.
21 Snowy or Toasty Activities
- Go play in the snow!
- Build a snowman
- Make a snow angel
- Build a snow fort if you have enough snow (just be careful that it doesn’t collapse—consider only making the walls and no roof)
- Go sledding
- Have a snowball fight
- Teach your kids how to shovel the sidewalk
- Make them shovel your neighbors’ walks too!
- “Paint” the snow with water and food coloring in spray or squirt bottles
- Make snow cream and eat it
- Make hot chocolate—count how many marshmallows your kids can fit in their mug
- Count how many marshmallows your kids can fit in their mouth
- Then ask them to say something!
- Play board games
- Play card games
- Pop popcorn and watch ONE movie together as a family
- Make paper snowflakes
- Bake cookies
- Play dress up
- Go for a walk and “hunt” for animal tracks in the snow
- Try to guess what type of animal made the tracks
- Teach your kids the importance of not eating yellow snow!
- Plan your summer vacation bucket list
Other Winter Activities
If you're looking for more ideas on what to do when the weather outside is frightful, check out some other activities that might be right up your alley.