Pinterest for Drink Recipes
Boy, do we love Pinterest. There are so many amazing ideas and recipes available on a daily basis. So, clearly, when we see a yummy looking drink recipe, we’re all for it! We used a sangria recipe from Kitchen Treaty, with the exception of a couple of changes, so visit their site for the exact recipe.
Strawberry and Lemon Sangria
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Apples
- 3 Strawberries (I’ll explain)
- 1 Cup of Rum
- 8 Cups of Diet Lemon-Lime Soda
- 2 Bottles Worth of Pinot Grigio
- 1 Large Pitcher
- Cut Lemons into Thin Slices (it might take some practice)
- Cut Apples into Small Slices
- Dice Three Strawberries
- Add Fruit and Rum into Pitcher
- Add 2 Bottles of Pinot Grigio Wine (we used a pitcher with measurements on the side and poured from a box of Franzia)
- Place Pitcher in Refrigerator for Two Hours or Until Chilled
- Add 8 Cups of Diet Lemon-Lime Soda
- Pour and Enjoy!
The Winey Parent Way
The original recipe called for a cup of strawberries. However, it turns out the two pounds of strawberries we had purchased two days earlier were almost completely consumed by our kids. So, we added an extra apple to make up for it. Also, we doubled the liquid portion of this recipe. The original recipe called for a ½ cup of rum and one bottle of wine. Well, we had friends over and it made complete sense to bump up the numbers. This white wine sangria was enjoyed by six of us. We would absolutely make this again.
How would you mix up this recipe? Would you add more fruit? What different kind of fruit would you use? Would you have enough strawberries to follow the recipe better? Comment below or head over to our Facebook community and share your thoughts on this recipe.
Whatever your drink of choice, please drink responsibly.